Please read the following important information before proceeding to our Hong Kong investor's website.
If you click 'Agree' at the end you are confirming that you have read this information and understand everything contained in it.
1. Products referred to in this website are investment-linked assurance schemes ("ILAS plans"). They are life insurance policies issued by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited with benefits linked to the performance of investment options selected by you. They are not funds authorized by the SFC pursuant to the Code on Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds ("UT Code").
2. Please note that Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited product / marketing literature may refer to the term "investment option" as "investment choice". They both have the same meaning.
3. Your investments are subject to the credit risks of Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited.
4. The premiums you pay, after deduction of any applicable fees and charges of your ILAS plan, will be invested by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited in the underlying funds linked to the investment options you selected and will accordingly go towards accretion of the value of your ILAS plan. For Professional Portfolio ONLY: You may also transfer existing assets/investments held in your name to Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited as a premium payment in specie/kind. Your plan value will be calculated by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited based on the performance of your selected underlying funds/assets including assets/investments that are transferred in kind from time to time and the ongoing fees and charges which will continue to be deducted from your plan value.
5. Your ILAS plan value will be calculated by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited based on the performance of your selected underlying funds from time to time and the ongoing fees and charges which will continue to be deducted from your ILAS plan value. Each of these underlying funds has its own investment objectives and associated risks and some may be of high risk.
6. Note, however, that all premiums you pay towards your ILAS plan, and any investments made by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited in the underlying funds linked to the investment options you selected, will become and remain the assets of Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited only.
7. The return on your investment options selected under your ILAS plan may be lower than the return on the corresponding underlying funds due to product charges levied by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited. Please see the Fees and Charges section in the relevant product Details Guide for details.
8. Vision and Choice investment selection: Investment Options available for selection are the funds listed in the International Fund Selection (IFS) brochure.
9. Professional Portfolio investment selection: This product adopts an open platform of investment options whereby you may choose any of the SFC-authorised funds as the underlying funds/assets of your plan. You may also include other assets/investments, such as stocks and bonds, as the underlying funds/assets of your plan. Such underlying funds/assets available for selection are subject to acceptance by Generali Worldwide Insurance Company Limited. Please refer to Section 8 of the Details Guide of Professional Portfolio for details.
10. Although your ILAS plan is a life insurance policy, because your death benefit is linked to the performance of the underlying funds of the investment options you selected from time to time, your death benefit is subject to investment risks and market fluctuations. The death benefit payable may be significantly less than your premiums paid and may not be sufficient for your individual needs.
11. Early surrender or withdrawal of the policy/suspension of or reduction in premium may result in a significant loss of principal and/or bonuses awarded (if any). Poor performance of underlying funds/assets may further magnify your investment losses, while all charges are still deductible.
12. You should not purchase these products unless you understand them and they have been explained to you how they are suitable for you. The final decision is yours.
13. You should not rely on this material alone. Investment involves risk. You should read this in conjunction with the offering documents of the relevant schemes and the prospectus of the underlying funds for details including fees, charges and risk factors.
Before You Invest
1. Products that include an investment element, by their very nature can involve a number of risks, which you should be aware of before investing. Below is a summary of the types of products being offered and the different types of risk that you should consider before proceeding with any investment.
2. Before you decide to invest, we recommend that you read and understand the Product Key Facts Statement (Product KFS), the Details Guide, the International Fund Selection brochure, the marketing brochure and the Illustration document for the relevant product given to you by your Financial Adviser as well as consulting with your Financial Adviser.
3. You should only invest in a product if your independent Financial Adviser advises that it is suitable for you and consistent with your investment objectives. You and/or your advisers are responsible for your investment decisions and any investment option is selected entirely at your own risk.
4. The value of your ILAS plan is not guaranteed and can go down as well as up. What you get back will depend on the performance of the underlying funds corresponding to your investment options and may be less than the amount you have invested.
5. The value of your ILAS plan may also rise and fall purely on account of currency exchange rate fluctuations if any of the underlying funds corresponding to your investment options are denominated in a currency other than that of your plan.